Clearview Lids

HotPhoreTeacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on purchasing a Clearview lid for a Redsea 300xl. I have Radions 15's hanging on the back and plan on using the Neptune auto feed. The EZ Order Lids have cut outs for the lights but it does not have a cut out for an auto feeder. Several people have noted that the food falls through the mesh in the lid. Does any one have a picture to show how the auto feeder can rest on top of the lid to let the food fall into the tank.

Thanks

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The actual food can just drop through the mesh, but you'd need to measure the footprint of the mount for the Neptune feeder and have Clearview include a cutout for it.

Also - while some people have had good luck on the Neptune feeder, I personally don't consider it remotely worth the money. It's very loud and its inner workings are quite fragile. The Eheim is a much cheaper and (in my opinion) more robust and reliable feeder than the Neptune, and if you pick up the Eheim you won't need any cutouts at all - the rim of the ClearView lid is wide enough that you can simply rest it on a corner of the lid. But your tank, your money, your choice. =)

Upvote 0

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and lid. I just rest my eheim feeder in the corner of the lid and it falls right through to my feeding ring. No need to pay for extra cutouts.

Upvote 0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back