cloromax

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was disinfecting sump to re use in new tank to plumb etc , hours later I notice it wasn’t reg bleach . Does anyone have any experience with using (cloromax) Is this sump useless in a reef tank ?

Kudos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Through some vinegar in their. Let it sit. And then rinse Good. Most chemicals are pretty easy to get rid of.

OP
OP
LOVEROCK

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you used cloromax ? i want reassurance from someone who has, or is positive it can will be okay , before i throw 300 dollers for a new sump , the thing about it , it has polymers, sounds like it binds to the surface

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you used cloromax ? i want reassurance from someone who has, or is positive it can will be okay , before i throw 300 dollers for a new sump , the thing about it , it has polymers, sounds like it binds to the surface
I don't think it would be possible to say for sure one way or the other since I can't find where they list what the polymers are in the product.

Personally, I scrub and rinse it out a few times and still use the sump but I can't say with 100% certainty that it wouldn't cause problems.
The downside of keeping the sump is that if you have problems growing coral or keeping fish/inverts you will likely always question if the sump was the issue. It's a risk I think I would take, but it is a risk imo.

OP
OP
LOVEROCK

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and with that reason, im buying a new sump . Luckly brs has sumps on sale :)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was disinfecting sump to re use in new tank to plumb etc , hours later I notice it wasn’t reg bleach . Does anyone have any experience with using (cloromax) Is this sump useless in a reef tank ?
First acrylic or glass? If glass rinse multiple times use sodium thiosulfate containing chemicals. Vinegar and any kind of bleach do not mix. Anything porous throw out

OP
OP
LOVEROCK

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First acrylic or glass? If glass rinse multiple times use sodium thiosulfate containing chemicals. Vinegar and any kind of bleach do not mix. Anything porous throw out
Acrylic ,may be a stupid question is It porous

Have you bumped into accidents like this
Is it listed here?

Back