Close io shots

  • Thread starter Thread starter rkseaslug
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rkseaslug

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2011
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Location
San Francisco
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nikon d50 camera. I want to take close up pictures of my corals. What kind of micro lens do I need without spending an arm and a leg?
 
You can flip your lenses around and hold them up to your body backwards. A little tedious, but makes decent macro shots. you can also get adapters that will hold your lens backwards.
I took this pic with a nikkor 35mm 1.8 flipped backwards.
ZlnI9l.jpg
 
He's for real. Turning your lens around, and holding it against the body will allow you to take really close up macro photography. However, it's not easy to do at all. Yes, you can buy or even make your own adapter, making it a bit easier. On a lot of photography forums, in the Macro photography areas, there's great information on this technique.
 
Another options is extension tubes. You can get both the ones that allow for the auto focus to work and others that are just the tube with no electrical contacts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new