Closest LED bar to T5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charley75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So what do you think ? If I plan to just run 3 bars on my 90. I already have an XHO Blue. Which 2 Quanta Pro would you suggest?
 
Wasn’t sure about theirs yet…haven’t really seen any info/comparisons about them yet.
 
They are really proud of those Lumen Bars!!!
 
Have have both an ATI blue plus bulb... and orphek blue plus - both to supplement orphek atlantiks - which did not quite give me the spread or color I wanted.

I added the T5s first and they did not quite get the job done (mind you this is a huge tank). Helping to balance out the strong channel 1 whites of the Atlantik did not quite happen.

I added the blue plus orpheks which did a much better job at bringing out colors from the corals and I finally started getting growth out of the SPS near the edges. Love them.

In summary...
The orphek blue plus does not spread the light as much as a single T5 on a reflector, and the color is definitely more blue and UV versus an ATI blue plus. They do punch down and are visually much brighter than a single T5 and bring out the colors for my particular corals better than the single T5. It really worked for me... (but, I kept the T5 too LOL). If I had to pick, I would keep my orpheks over the T5.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new