cloudy? tank

sheepersheep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry if this is the wrong thread, i didn’t really know where i should post this.

there’s these little bubbles? floating around all over in the tank and making it slightly difficult to see all the way through the tank. what is it and how do i clear it up?

IMG_7980.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they actual air bubbles or something else?

OP
OP
S

sheepersheep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like micro bubbles.. either a pump is sucking air or your skimmer is putting them out.
that’s what i assumed but i wanted to make sure by asking here. i don’t think it’s the pump, it’s fully submerged and shouldn’t be sucking any air, also these things showed up after i got a skimmer. so how should i make the skimmer stop doing that?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that’s what i assumed but i wanted to make sure by asking here. i don’t think it’s the pump, it’s fully submerged and shouldn’t be sucking any air, also these things showed up after i got a skimmer. so how should i make the skimmer stop doing that?
You need to adjust your skimmer. Is it overflowing into the cup?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i assume micro bubbles, also someone else had said it looks like micro bubbles
If actual bubbles you should be able to identify the source, which would make a solution easier.

It could also be particulates, pods, or a result of dosing. Just trying to narrow things down.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most newly set up skimmers do this. Make sure you have it set up correctly, then just give it time. They have a break in period. Mine produced micro bubbles for a few days, then stopped. I do not believe the bubbles will hurt anything, they just make the tank look not so great.

OP
OP
S

sheepersheep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most newly set up skimmers do this. Make sure you have it set up correctly, then just give it time. They have a break in period. Mine produced micro bubbles for a few days, then stopped. I do not believe the bubbles will hurt anything, they just make the tank look not so great.
ah, yeah i’ve had mine for like a week or so now

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back