Cloudy Tank

Pittsford_Pets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are cloudy tanks bad for fish/coral? I mean if you add in some substrate that’s dusty, will it affect your fish/coral if it takes a day to clear up?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they are usually ok but mad a bit

We have a way to make it not dusty no matter what if ever wanted

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truly you can tell here below I once had the exact same problem you posted.

I made this entire thread after getting to the bottom of it...asking around, verifying things from microbiologists online. then I tested the claims with thousands of dollars of other people's money on the line such that one bad call would recycle their whole tank in this thread, and I'd be drummed out as a snake oil salesman. We claim to be able to do anything you want in a sandbed and not cause a cycle. The thread is opened with me rinsing the sand under my 12 yr old reef with tap water, for no reason other than to take my own medicine as proof. A nice, high bar for claims in my opinion.

lucky so far :)
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-official-sand-rinse-thread-aka-one-against-many.230281/

OP
OP
Pittsford_Pets

Pittsford_Pets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truly you can tell here below I once had the exact same problem you posted.

I made this entire thread after getting to the bottom of it...asking around, verifying things from microbiologists online. then I tested the claims with thousands of dollars of other people's money on the line such that one bad call would recycle their whole tank in this thread, and I'd be drummed out as a snake oil salesman. We claim to be able to do anything you want in a sandbed and not cause a cycle. The thread is opened with me rinsing the sand under my 12 yr old reef with tap water, for no reason other than to take my own medicine as proof. A nice, high bar for claims in my opinion.

lucky so far :)
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-official-sand-rinse-thread-aka-one-against-many.230281/

Thanks! I’ll check it out

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back