Cloudy Water in the mornings

dbaulch83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya, nano 40G and noticing a slight cloudiness to the water in the morning that clears in the PM.
Params, temp 25.5c, SG 1.025, pH 8.2, KH 8.5, Amm and nitrite 0, nitrate 10-15, phosphate 0.03, this has come up from 0 in the last few days, Ca and Mg both high (Not dosing) 500 and 1500. It’s only happened for the last few days. No issues with livestock. Just getting over a diatom bloom naturally, nothing added to fix it. Any ideas? Running a skimmer, air stone (in rear sump) and carbon.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they absolute best product ive ever used is called coral snow. Not only does it lower your phosphates and fight diatoms but it will leave your water crystal clear. At night mine is like the tank is empty its so clear. OR.. try a uv sterilizer. I had the same problem when I started my tank and i picked up one from BRS and a pump from amazon and actually put it in the display for about a month and my tank was crystal clear. But that corals snow keeps it that way, also a side effect is all my sps coral just took off like weeds from it. Dont know why but they did.. been dosining 1ml daily ever since.. i do it right when the lights go out for the day, and it will cloud your tank but in the morning its clear. No fish or corals will be bothered by it. Good luck

biom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it is a young cycling tank this cloudiness is normal part of the process. It is probably bacterial and will disappear once bacteria consumed excess organics. I assume you are not dosing organic carbon?
Coral snow or the DIY version will not help in case of bacterial bloom, UV can help but I dont think it is needed at this stage.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back