Cloudy water

grant03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a 13.5 evo a few days ago and it’s been very very cloudy and is leaving a light/white film in the back chambers and on the water outlet pipe. What can I do to get rid of this?

27097A38-4C89-4AF1-8E54-025160D89C90.jpeg C97AE47F-40F6-441D-97F4-A546B2BB2DFA.jpeg

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's unrinsed sand clouding, like our first picture here your water is opaque with sand silt

Redo the setup, with rinsed sand, for the win. Read this:

You can see by any example that rinsing your sand correctly isn't going to restart your cycle, it just makes your tank crystal clear

Any single example from the 50 pages is the same move. If you do that, your reef becomes instantly fixed by lunchtime today. All fifty pages of work are the exact same process across tanks, we never used bottle bac in any job after the rinse prep. It'll take you two hours and a full water change to fix that easy nano

Sand rinsing and a 100% water change does not restart your cycle

As you read, notice the tanks who let it settle, naturally, meaning the silt was still left in the sand and then a rock slide re clouded everything when animals were present

Only sand rinsing made tanks safe for fifty pages, not any kind of work avoidance

there is reason nobody else runs other people’s sandbeds for fifty pages, because what works for other people isn’t what worked for us once, in our home.

Last edited:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guarantee if you take short cuts at the start that will translate into short cuts when running and it won’t work like you want it to

start now being resolved, fully in control of that easy nano reef and you will be able to run it without invasion. This is your first test: hands off, avoids work, or hands on like fifty pages, gets the results from fifty pages of work.

start by making your reef instantly comply today, not with another few days hope and another indirect action.

when we deal with nano reef massive invasions, that seed starts right here: avoids work, chooses hands off every single time.

you wouldn’t think that a messy start is linked to ruining all your corals a year later by carryover habits, but you should see our fifty page tank regeneration work threads…hands off always has a price, you can either pay it now or delay the payment until you have a grand in corals in place.

remember I’m not selling you anything: you are seeing the only link you’re going to ever see of what it takes to run sandbeds in other people’s reef tanks, we earned that by directly being hands on, at the start or as delayed catchup

hands on, work, did what you are able to see. The reason no other links are coming to your thread is because managing other people’s sandbed without killing their reefs is hard, you wouldn’t want to run your nano by a guess method without a link to read.

make that reef comply, don’t back seat reef ever again.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back