Clown aggression

Gelez23

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I would like some advice, I have a pair of clowns a gladiator (male) and a mocha (female). We recently added a blue, yellow tail damsel to the 40G tank. And these 2 clowns are constantly bothering her, chasing her but not really biting her, she has found herself a good hiding spot, but this has been going on for at least 3 week and they don’t seem to be letting up. Do you have any advice other than rehoming either or buying a bigger tank? We have separate the mocha for a while which one reintroduced seems to help for about 3 days and then went back to being uggly.

Thank you for your advise!
 
Try an hang on acrylic specium box, so the clowns can be Quarantined in the same tank, but the barrier might get them to calm down. I have had luck getting aggressive fish to calm down that way in the past.
 
Clowns are notorious for being aggressive. After years of being in this hobby I’ve never found a solution. Except adding a larger more aggressive fish!
 
I had a female who was so possessive over a SIX FOOT tank she jumped out of the water and bit me in the forehead. I had little clown teeth in my head.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new