Clown finally hosting anemone

Mi1kyman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I tried everything to get my clowns to host the rbta I had purchased months ago, I added them by a tube I enclosed them near the nem I put pictures of a clown in a nem on the tank and I would fall asleep with my computer playing an hour long video of a clown hosting a nem. The point to this is that you can’t really force anything sometimes they won’t take at all or sometimes they will right away. Finally with time I came home to see this. Apologies for the deep blue and the Kenya tree coral getting into the way. Just so ecstatic I had to share

image.jpg
 
glad they are finally hosting for you, how long have you had them for and how old are they?
 
I remember trying to use the picture tactic. I use to kill the lumps only feed right above then nem. Congrats you got them in it. It just takes that one little touch ND they normally are hooked.
 
That's awesome.
 
glad they are finally hosting for you, how long have you had them for and how old are they?
I got them about two months ago maybe two and a half and they aren’t much older than that probably got them close to half an inch(ish) and they’re an inch plus now. Thank you!
 
I remember trying to use the picture tactic. I use to kill the lumps only feed right above then nem. Congrats you got them in it. It just takes that one little touch ND they normally are hooked.
Did everything on the internet except the strainer technique. From two months of avoiding the nem to a whole night in the nem. It’s amazing what time can do in this hobby lol
 
I ran into a similar issue a while back :) I actually made a video on how I got my clownfish to finally pair with my anemone. Maybe pass this along if it could help anyone you know.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new