Clown finally hosting anemone

Mi1kyman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I tried everything to get my clowns to host the rbta I had purchased months ago, I added them by a tube I enclosed them near the nem I put pictures of a clown in a nem on the tank and I would fall asleep with my computer playing an hour long video of a clown hosting a nem. The point to this is that you can’t really force anything sometimes they won’t take at all or sometimes they will right away. Finally with time I came home to see this. Apologies for the deep blue and the Kenya tree coral getting into the way. Just so ecstatic I had to share

image.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mi1kyman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad they are finally hosting for you, how long have you had them for and how old are they?
I got them about two months ago maybe two and a half and they aren’t much older than that probably got them close to half an inch(ish) and they’re an inch plus now. Thank you!

OP
OP
M

Mi1kyman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember trying to use the picture tactic. I use to kill the lumps only feed right above then nem. Congrats you got them in it. It just takes that one little touch ND they normally are hooked.
Did everything on the internet except the strainer technique. From two months of avoiding the nem to a whole night in the nem. It’s amazing what time can do in this hobby lol

The Ginga Ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran into a similar issue a while back :) I actually made a video on how I got my clownfish to finally pair with my anemone. Maybe pass this along if it could help anyone you know.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back