Clown fish divorce HELP

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Otherwise he said they will i injure themselves and damage their eyes and die that’s what the guy said last night i think he thought i was an idiot and treated me as such. Then tried to make me feel stupid.

I'd stop listening to what this guy has to say and just research. Live Aquaria is a good resource to start. Then fishbase.org.

OP
OP
Devnix

Devnix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O
I'd stop listening to what this guy has to say and just research. Live Aquaria is a good resource to start. Then fishbase.org.
Oh don’t worry i am i have read every book. My tank is in amazing shape i was worried after the move but my numbers are great my tank is great i just happened to go i there for extra salt water because my place was closed and this guy started in on me. Most likely because I’m a blonde female and went on for ages i merely asked him about his fish that mind you looked horrible and he went on And I’m even went futher than this i actually spoke to cooperate about just how far he went with me last night.

dansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told by the Petco guy I could never put them in a reef tank because they are rock dwellers and have to have smooth rock. I have NEVER heard this in my life

I wouldn't EVER ask someone from Petco about reefs and saltwater fish. Of course... that is me. As another poster mentioned.... there are resources like those here on R2R that can help you. I have a flame angel in one of my reefs. He has been a model citizen. Of course, I also know from experience that there are some corals that would not do well with him around. I have a friend that had to sell his as it was picking at everything... They are beautiful fish... but are not ideal in a lot of situations.

Do your research, LiveAquaria is a good place to get details. Ask others here their thoughts. Read books... magazines... etc... I like CORAL Magazine. Also, find some independent local fish stores... In my area, I have a few really good ones. They will want to help you and earn your repeat business. But, you need to educate yourself. You need to be a knowledgeable buyer. That way you can navigate the BS like that about smooth rock... I have never seen a smooth coral reef... rock or otherwise...

OP
OP
Devnix

Devnix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when looking at my clowns this week i noticed that they have both grown to the same size. Do you think maybe that’s why they aren’t together anymore? Maybe they are both females which is the problem? They aren’t fighting but they aren’t together. I am buying a coral beauty this week I’ll take pics of my tank and upload when i do. You guys are amazing. With you and all the books i have read I finally have confidence in what im doing.

dansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With you and all the books i have read I finally have confidence in what im doing.

Just be cautious... In my experience.... when you reach a point of confidence, this hobby has a way of humbling even the most seasoned, knowledgeable and expert hobbyist.

Good Luck!

OP
OP
Devnix

Devnix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I’m far from confident lol i mess with my tank every 15 min ppl call me the crazy fish lady lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.9%
Back