Clown fish killers

David3379

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to marine fish tanks in the one only a tang and corals and my other tank I have to clownfish and a green wrass the one clown is black and white and he’s killed a clown a engineer goby and few other he’s got go any way I suffer from depression and fish keeping helps a great deal that’s about it for now …

image.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome to R2R!! :)

Sounds like you have an aggressive female Maroon Clown. I call mine the assassin. My female has killed 5 fish from aggression from going into their Territory. She will maybe kill another clown if you are looking pair her.

I would suggest to wait a couple of months before trying to pair. Make sure if you add another Maroon, make sure the fish is half the size of the female. This helps the odds that she with pair with the new clown.

I would also suggest to get a nem for keep her out of trouble.

Maroons are very territorial and will kill other fish too .

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to marine fish tanks in the one only a tang and corals and my other tank I have to clownfish and a green wrass the one clown is black and white and he’s killed a clown a engineer goby and few other he’s got go any way I suffer from depression and fish keeping helps a great deal that’s about it for now …

image.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sorry for your losses. Yes, they are cute but aggression is how they determine sexuality, most dominate is female, next is male, then juvenile males, then juveniles. My three clown fish are same age, but vastly different sizes. Sharks feeding might be less aggressive than my female (and tiny juvenile seems to just be a super jerk to ME when cleaning... so much for don't bite the hand that feeds you LOL)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in UK:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

SaJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
Never underestimate the power of a clownfish haha. They can get very territorial.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome andthanks for joining. And sorry to hear about the aggression in your tank. I know that loss is a fish can set me off for days to weeks. Maroon clowns as stated above can be extraordinarily territorial. Might want to think about rehoming him or her if more balanced reef is what you have in mind. Let us know how it works out

6F95365D-9B38-4BA6-83CF-E74C20265E31.jpeg

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 41.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 105 49.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back