Clown fish swimming behavior

Ray98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am currently still new in the hobby. About 3 days ago I got 2 clowns for my tank but one of my clowns is not eating at all and had their top and bottom fins clamped together. Both of them are always together. I tried feeding them abit everyday but only the snowflake eats. Are my clowns still acclimating?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2023-12-13 at 17.23.25.mp4
    2 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am currently still new in the hobby. About 3 days ago I got 2 clowns for my tank but one of my clowns is not eating at all and had their top and bottom fins clamped together. Both of them are always together. I tried feeding them abit everyday but only the snowflake eats. Are my clowns still acclimating?

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

No - clownfish that have been in a tank for 3 days should be acclimated and eating fine.

Your video is a bit unclear, but the clownfish seem to be swimming a bit "stiffly". Do you know, are these wild caught or tank raised?

Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Ray98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

No - clownfish that have been in a tank for 3 days should be acclimated and eating fine.

Your video is a bit unclear, but the clownfish seem to be swimming a bit "stiffly". Do you know, are these wild caught or tank raised?

Jay
Thanks for the reply. These are locally bred clown fish. Not sure what am I doing wrong though. I've tested the water parameters all were fine. They usually stay at the back of the tank.

Upvote 0

ptrick21186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from the one not eating I don't see anything wrong with how they are swimming. Most pairs will hang out together and usually stay in a small corner of the tank. They aren't very adventurous, free swimming fish IMO. Mine spend most of the day sitting in front of my gyre pump swimming into the current. At night they tuck themselves between the pump and the back of the tank and "sleep" vertically. Give it a few more days for the eating and possibly try some different foods (Rods Fish Food is pretty good).

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back