Clown fish will they ever breed?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:oops: and I thought the shrimp was feeding them :) it does take morsels of food round the back of the cave although I think it is hoping to save them for itself then again maybe its a payment thing going on and the clowns then tolerate the shrimp being in their area and to your test results question I'm thinking a nice fat feed on live anything would be detectable on nitrates? Although I guess the rock will take care of that as it gets higher but surely there would be some kind of lag before that happens?
I highly doubt that your tests would register anything related to the eggs/fry being eaten.

OP
OP
Brucealmighty

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well in my stupidity of trying to save money I bought my hanna checker nitrate low range tester on ebay for a good price but not realising it was for ulns until opening but I love a challenge so I use it and I have found it quite sensitive

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well in my stupidity of trying to save money I bought my hanna checker nitrate low range tester on ebay for a good price but not realising it was for ulns until opening but I love a challenge so I use it and I have found it quite sensitive
It would still be no different than if you tested right after feeding the fish... Probably less of an impact actually.

OP
OP
Brucealmighty

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would still be no different than if you tested right after feeding the fish... Probably less of an impact actually.
I test before lights on, on a Sunday morning, as I have a 14 hour day out the house in the week so not able to do so in the week but thanks for your input, I will have a nosey anyways I write down when stuff happens it helps correlate in the future is always worth a look :)

Back