Clown Fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Labmonkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Labmonkey

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2013
Messages
169
Reaction score
12
Location
Lexington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick background: I have a 28g JBJ nano cube with dual return pumps, live rock filled sump and evergrow 120W full spectrum led with a 3 inch sand bed and 30 lbs of live rock. I keep my temp at around 76 and my salinity at 1.025. In addition to my new clown fish I also have a potters angle, maxima clam, fighting conch, peppermint shrimp and various corals.

I just bought my first pair of clown fish two days ago, the same time I bought my carpet anemone. They both acclimated fine and the anemone has posted up on a rock wall, and seems very happy where he is. However the clown fish seem to be staying up in the top right corner of my tank, swimming along the waterline and not showing any interest in the rest of the tank. Since I am new to the whole clown fish scene and realtivlly new to saltwater tanks, I was wondering if this is normal behavior and if there was anything I could do to entice them to house in the anemone.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
 
I read a thread awhile back suggesting waiting til all of the lights are out and using a flashlight to lure the clowns to the anemone. I tried getting my clowns interested in the flashlight beam the other night and they were curious about the light. I've never tried to get them to host anything using this method but it can't hurt to try. Good luck!
 
It took my clownfish a couple of days to really explore the whole tank. For the first day or two, similar to yours, they did not travel very far at all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new