Clown goby Not settling?

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Help y’all my
Clown goby is still not eating: parameters are remaining constant with ammonia and nitrite testing 0. Salinity is about 1.024 and my
Ph fluctuates around 7.9. Water temp 77.7 degrees. Currently I have a chromis pair, YWMG, a Royal gramma, and the clown goby. all other fish are active and eating. Well the Royal gramma is not active but she comes out to eat and peeks out once in awhile . The yellow watchamn goby is picking at mysis shrimp and looks good. Although the clown goby just perches between rocks and at night erratically swims around and perches in various spots. I am never able to see the clown goby in particular eat and have seen everyone else nibble at the shrimp. I also left the room and recorded he still did nothing. Today is the third day so it’s beginning to become concerning to me. SHould I offer brine shrimp instead tomorrow?
Thoughts ?
this is the 55th hour of being added at the same
Time as the other fish, and I do not see Bullying. The chromis follow him once in awhile but no attacks or fights I have seen or marks.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big are these pieces of shrimp, can they fit into its tiny mouth? Try something like BBS, frozen cyclops, roe, micro pellets, these smaller foods are easier for it to eat. It’s also variety for the other fish which is good.

Last edited:

zdrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took a while for my clown goby to get settled too. Mine spent so much time hiding at first that I thought mine wasn't going to make it. However, it did just fine in the end. Provided it wasn't completely emaciated when you bought it, I think I would just wait.

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It took a while for my clown goby to get settled too. Mine spent so much time hiding at first that I thought mine wasn't going to make it. However, it did just fine in the end. Provided it wasn't completely emaciated when you bought it, I think I would just wait.
How many days is concerning for not eating. This is currently the third day home From this fish store! I assume after 6-7 days is alarming?

zdrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many days is concerning for not eating. This is currently the third day home From this fish store! I assume after 6-7 days is alarming?
Hard to say, it would depend on the current health of the goby and they condition it was in at the store. For a healthy fish that had been eating a week would be OK. For an unhealthy or emaciated fish, I think it would be alarming now.

You can't force-feed a fish (I think). The only thing to do really is wait for it to get settled and hope it starts eating soon. Remember, it may be eating pods in the tank. I wouldn't do anything drastic right now.

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hard to say, it would depend on the current health of the goby and they condition it was in at the store. For a healthy fish that had been eating a week would be OK. For an unhealthy or emaciated fish, I think it would be alarming now.

You can't force-feed a fish (I think). The only thing to do really is wait for it to get settled and hope it starts eating soon. Remember, it may be eating pods in the tank. I wouldn't do anything drastic right now.
Here Is a video I took ealrier today hopefully it helps show what state my fish is in!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back