Clown Goby + Scooter Dragonet

  • Thread starter Thread starter kayla s
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kayla s

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
111
Reaction score
193
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone! thanks for glancing at this, apologies if this is covered in a different thread that I cannot find.
I’m mid-recovery currently from an ICK breakout in my 20 Long, but in a couple weeks, I’ll be adding my first fish since the infestation.
I still have a beloved, territorial, red scooter dragonet, whom I’ve built the tank around.
Would adding a clown goby (a black one, particularly) irritate the dragonet? Since they both “sit”?
Does anyone have these two living together?
 
Last edited:
I say there okay to house together
 
I’ve never had a scooter, but I’ve had several clown gobies over the years. My experience with clown gobies is that they go all over the tank, sometimes hanging out in the top corner, the side of a rock or even by the overflow. I had one that would stick in a Little Rock cave for hours, motionless. In contrast, I’ve observed scooters primarily on the bottom, constantly moving. Seems like they would be compatible given ample feeding.
 
I’ve never had a scooter, but I’ve had several clown gobies over the years. My experience with clown gobies is that they go all over the tank, sometimes hanging out in the top corner, the side of a rock or even by the overflow. I had one that would stick in a Little Rock cave for hours, motionless. In contrast, I’ve observed scooters primarily on the bottom, constantly moving. Seems like they would be compatible given ample feeding.
That’s true with the behaviors. My scooter loves to scoot all over the rock work, he actually flared up at and chased a wrasse for hours, once. but maybe there’s enough space (and will be plenty of food) for both.
 
Last edited:
Should be fine :) the red scooter will spend alot of time on the sandbed, and the goby will sit or pearch up in the rockwork and in coral. Even if they do come face to face, they're both pretty peaceful :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new