Clown Goby + Scooter Dragonet

kayla s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone! thanks for glancing at this, apologies if this is covered in a different thread that I cannot find.
I’m mid-recovery currently from an ICK breakout in my 20 Long, but in a couple weeks, I’ll be adding my first fish since the infestation.
I still have a beloved, territorial, red scooter dragonet, whom I’ve built the tank around.
Would adding a clown goby (a black one, particularly) irritate the dragonet? Since they both “sit”?
Does anyone have these two living together?

Last edited:

FartyParty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had a scooter, but I’ve had several clown gobies over the years. My experience with clown gobies is that they go all over the tank, sometimes hanging out in the top corner, the side of a rock or even by the overflow. I had one that would stick in a Little Rock cave for hours, motionless. In contrast, I’ve observed scooters primarily on the bottom, constantly moving. Seems like they would be compatible given ample feeding.

OP
OP
kayla s

kayla s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had a scooter, but I’ve had several clown gobies over the years. My experience with clown gobies is that they go all over the tank, sometimes hanging out in the top corner, the side of a rock or even by the overflow. I had one that would stick in a Little Rock cave for hours, motionless. In contrast, I’ve observed scooters primarily on the bottom, constantly moving. Seems like they would be compatible given ample feeding.
That’s true with the behaviors. My scooter loves to scoot all over the rock work, he actually flared up at and chased a wrasse for hours, once. but maybe there’s enough space (and will be plenty of food) for both.

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine :) the red scooter will spend alot of time on the sandbed, and the goby will sit or pearch up in the rockwork and in coral. Even if they do come face to face, they're both pretty peaceful :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back