Clown goby thread!

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

SMSREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Loved mine for all of a day before I took him back to my LFS lol. He had an awesome personality and ate prepared food from day 1 but he also loved my acros so he had to leave
P1040278.JPG
IMG_20190927_205619.jpg
He is so cute! I would give up a few acros just for the personality. And a yellow that actually eats day 1 is quite a find!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
How are these guys in an Lps/Softy tank?

Jrain904

View Badges
Reaction score
Got a citron clown goby last week cause I like the way they perch in corals but mine only perches on the glass. Gotta say I am a little disappointed as I have some Great perches such as a giant green sinularia.

hllb

View Badges
Reaction score
Got a citron clown goby last week cause I like the way they perch in corals but mine only perches on the glass. Gotta say I am a little disappointed as I have some Great perches such as a giant green sinularia.
Give him time. In my QT tank, mine only perched on the glass for a month. Once in my display tank, he did start perching on a coral skeleton I have. He also likes to hid under the edge of one my corals, but so far hasn't perched on top of a live coral. He's awfully cute in the coral skeleton though.

SMSREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have a pic?
I love citrons but have never seen one in the local reef shops in miami

will25u

View Badges
Reaction score
I know this is a bit of an older thread, but I decided to do a search for these guys. We bought a Citron Goby today from a reef shop in Atlanta. It’s going in an established tank. I’m hopeful it’ll readily eat mysis or frozen food at least.

Last edited:

hllb

View Badges
Reaction score
Mine started eating on day 2. Initially, he preferred pellets because they’d sink down to him. Now he eats anything and everything

Top Shelf Aquatics

sfin52

30jan20 Rip skeeter you where wonderful dog
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm here because mine green guy was great for a couple months, but today decided to tear up some acans. lil rascal has to go! So small though. No clue how I'll get him out. :/
They will nest on branching sps. They will clear off a section to lay eggs. They won't eat sps. So it you think sps are being eaten I would check other live stock or possible hitchhiker.

Bells>Waimea

View Badges
Reaction score
They will nest on branching sps. They will clear off a section to lay eggs. They won't eat sps. So it you think sps are being eaten I would check other live stock or possible hitchhiker.
I witnessed him multiple times taking bites out of my acans. So he's gone. Netted him up pretty easily actually. Blinded by his new tasty treat and didnt see the giant net coming at him i guess.

Is it HARD or EASY for you to keep your corals colorful? (check all that apply)

• SPS Hard

Votes: 264 61.7%
  • SPS Easy

Votes: 103 24.1%
  • LPS Hard

Votes: 66 15.4%
  • LPS Easy

Votes: 278 65.0%
  • Zoas Hard

Votes: 42 9.8%
  • Zoas Easy

Votes: 274 64.0%