Clown has ick or sting wound, or smth else?

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Below is a pic of my female in her torch coral. I’m worried it may be ick or maybe brook? At first I thought it was just a sting, but now it seems like it may be something else. I’ve had her since May 2020.
#reefsquad help pls
A1A5099D-91C1-46F6-AA2F-D58C9958FCD9.jpeg

If it is some sort of disease, how do I proceed?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch stings are so common, I'd jump to that diagnosis, plus you've had the fish for quite some time.

If you can get a clearer photo, taken under white light, I might be able to give you a better diagnosis.

Jay

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch stings are so common, I'd jump to that diagnosis, plus you've had the fish for quite some time.

If you can get a clearer photo, taken under white light, I might be able to give you a better diagnosis.

Jay
Ok its good to hear that, I just didnt know what torch stings look like. At least now I know. I also thought that it probably couldnt be something like ich or brook because I HAVE had them for months, so its most likely not the case. Sadly, tank lights just turned off :( Ill make sure to post a white light pic tomorrow and tag you so you see it.

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal So its morning, and I can now see that the spots are more faded than they were last night, looks like they're going away. Sting wounds healed/healing?

My clown is having a similar issue which people are telling me is sting marks. He has blotches of black instead of white though. Im still skeptical as he has lived in my frogspawn and hammer since the beginning without issue.

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown is having a similar issue which people are telling me is sting marks. He has blotches of black instead of white though. Im still skeptical as he has lived in my frogspawn and hammer since the beginning without issue.
Yes I also thought that sting marks were black, but maybe not? @Jay Hemdal knows what hes doing tho

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could post a clear picture taken under white light, we might be able to see what's going on....

Jay

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back