Clown Stomach Bulging or Wounded?

My fear here is that if the ovary/oviduct breaks off outside the fish, it may seem to recover, but what will happen when it produces its next batch of eggs?
That has 100% crossed my mind, and something I am wondering as well.

If I had to make a guess, what it looks like to me (so far, I checked again today) is that it got clogged, started swelling and they’ve been released. It looks like the eggs broke off, but the rest is all still there.

From what I can see, I don’t see anything that looks egg-like below her anymore. She doesn’t look fully back to normal (smaller & better than the last pic) and it LOOKS like the ovary/oviduct stretched and is shrinking back down to normal.

I will keep this updated with how she recovers and what happens the next time she goes to lay eggs. — I couldn’t find anything at all around this when I was researching it so maybe this could be some help for someone in the future!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new