clown hatch and feeding? and light?

versach000

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just ago my clown eggs hatched
I already put rotifers in flys tank

When you feeding rotifers after hatched clown fly?

Do I need switch on light tonight? or tomorrow Morning?
 
I believe the maturation stage 7-10 days AFTER they are laid...so don't do anything until then.

this site has good info:

Breed Clownfish | Saltwater Fish Breeding

will warn you it takes a lot of dedication, time, and patience..even then the die off rate is high..
 
so you need to catch the fry and put into a separate tank and start the roitifers...the article addresses what needs to be done.
 
Yes I already done that step
My point is do I need tun on light tonight? or tomorrow morning?
 
tomorrow morning
 
I run my lights 24 hours a day for the first week. It gets the larvae through meta faster and I tend to have better success rates. It allows them to eat continously which helps them get better at hunting sooner.
 
Thanks for reply
12 dph now

attachment.php


Thank you all reply
 
i thought when your transfering the eggs to the blacked out tank it was suppose to stay dark? so is it after the hatch you run the lights 24/7? does anyone have a breakdown of what to do or what to expect, i too will be hatching some eggs soon and after waiting all this time i am freaked out!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new