Clown hosting?

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is my clown hosting my purple bubble coral?? She seems to hang around it a lot practically laying on it most times even at night. The males doesn’t seems to go around it though. She also sometimes seems to like brush up against the bubble coral as she’s laying on it. Idk what she’s doing but the coral doesn’t seem the happiest as it’s not fully open. Any help would be appreciated!

4662E0D9-EEFA-419C-8D95-776DE9A126DC.jpeg EA8FDB50-D431-408B-949F-03B72076EE50.jpeg image.jpg

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does appear she thinks it’s her host. Unfortunately she’ll most likely irritate it to the point of you losing it. You can try moving it but she’ll most likely follow.

OP
OP
G

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that she's laid claim to it, yes. Clownfish will often host corals, including torches, hammers, zoas and other assorted objects like return pump tank outlets, heaters, etc.

Time to get nemo an anemone!
I have a nem. Got it over a week ago, they haven’t gone to it yet!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
G

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does appear she thinks it’s her host. Unfortunately she’ll most likely irritate it to the point of you losing it. You can try moving it but she’ll most likely follow.
I know! I recently lost my green bubble, don’t know why. Is there something I can do? I have a nem but they don’t go to it

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know! I recently lost my green bubble, don’t know why. Is there something I can do? I have a nem but they don’t go to it
Yes, you could temporarily move the coral into an acclimation box or basket on the side of the tank where nemo can't reach it.

OP
OP
G

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you could temporarily move the coral into an acclimation box or basket on the side of the tank where nemo can't reach it.
Trying to find one to also get my pistol shrimp to stay in the front of the tank! But I also heard you can put the nem in the box and put the clowns in there with it and they’ll find it pretty quick

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t keep my clowns out of my frogspawn. As they irritated and killed one head they moved on to the next. With the bubble coral still small you could try cutting the top portion of a clear 2 liter bottle off and covering it so she can’t get to it.

OP
OP
G

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t keep my clowns out of my frogspawn. As they irritated and killed one head they moved on to the next. With the bubble coral still small you could try cutting the top portion of a clear 2 liter bottle off and covering it so she can’t get to it.
Sadly I can’t lol it’s much bigger than it seems. Fully opened it’s about 4-5 inches

mingc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is my clown hosting my purple bubble coral?? She seems to hang around it a lot practically laying on it most times even at night. The males doesn’t seems to go around it though. She also sometimes seems to like brush up against the bubble coral as she’s laying on it. Idk what she’s doing but the coral doesn’t seem the happiest as it’s not fully open. Any help would be appreciated!

4662E0D9-EEFA-419C-8D95-776DE9A126DC.jpeg EA8FDB50-D431-408B-949F-03B72076EE50.jpeg image.jpg

mingc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think clown will hosting almost everthing even the poer head lol. currently my little clownfish hosted my xenia colony.

OP
OP
G

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think clown will hosting almost everthing even the poer head lol. currently my little clownfish hosted my xenia colony.
I’d be fine with them hosting anything except my bubble coral just because they’re sensitive and I’ve already lost my green bubble

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back