OP
OP
reefnewb70

reefnewb70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got a clip on the pj pants who was hiding.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    3.9 MB

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes definitely we have purchased a QT tank and will go this route. Quite devastated really. We fed a combination of pellets, brine and mysis. Our blue tang was with us only three days when she swiftly had a coating and died. The next two followed suit and then my clowns and pj pants. Fast!!
I fed mostly dry until I read that frozen mysis was more beneficial for their health. If you plan on copper treatment, take into consideration that that tank will be exclusive for copper treating. Best of luck!!! Oh and also consider a fallow on your DT tank. There are probably a ton of the bad that you have to let go through it’s cycle of life.

OP
OP
reefnewb70

reefnewb70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fed mostly dry until I read that frozen mysis was more beneficial for their health. If you plan on copper treatment, take into consideration that that tank will be exclusive for copper treating. Best of luck!!! Oh and also consider a fallow on your DT tank. There are probably a ton of the bad that you have to let go through it’s cycle of life.
So just a yellow goby left…. We caught a glimpse of him and now he is hiding. Entire tank wiped! Qt tank about to be set up for future.

Attachments

• EBFA0AB4-BB7B-4FA3-98B5-131F405C3CD1.jpeg
    EBFA0AB4-BB7B-4FA3-98B5-131F405C3CD1.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 19
  • CC692112-7AE6-40AC-9E65-D430D28F1832.jpeg
    CC692112-7AE6-40AC-9E65-D430D28F1832.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 18

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow watchman gobies are hearty lil creatures. Sorry to hear about all your losses. Mine went though it’s copper treatment fine and the fallow period and is now in my DT . There is light at the end of the tunnel.

OP
OP
reefnewb70

reefnewb70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought all my items to set up my QT. I just read that I can not have it in the same room at my DT as velvet etc can be airborne. Is this true? I will have to figure another spot lol

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought all my items to set up my QT. I just read that I can not have it in the same room at my DT as velvet etc can be airborne. Is this true? I will have to figure another spot lol
That’s what Ive read . At least 10’ apart but preferably in separate rooms.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope this helps expedite any questions you may have on qt distance from DT.

OP
OP
reefnewb70

reefnewb70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so everything in our tank has perished except the the yellow Watchmen Goby, Pistol Shrimp, cleaner shrimp, snails and hermit crabs. Two corals, hammer head and a green leather finger.

What do I do now? To Fallow the tank I need to have all fish out, Goby. I have started a QT tank and it is starting to cycle.

When the QT is cycled, I will try catch the Goby (if alive) and put him in that tank. I purchased copper, and ICH X (which has not arrived). I do not see any illness on him atm. He is eating.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so everything in our tank has perished except the the yellow Watchmen Goby, Pistol Shrimp, cleaner shrimp, snails and hermit crabs. Two corals, hammer head and a green leather finger.

What do I do now? To Fallow the tank I need to have all fish out, Goby. I have started a QT tank and it is starting to cycle.

When the QT is cycled, I will try catch the Goby (if alive) and put him in that tank. I purchased copper, and ICH X (which has not arrived). I do not see any illness on him atm. He is eating.
Surprisingly, my yellow watchman was the easiest to catch, I just basically laid the net at the bottom and he kinda scooted in on his own (as if knew what was up). I was forced to pull all the rock to be able to catch the firefish. From what I’ve read, gobies have a layer of slime that helps keep ich away. This process is grueling but, you’ll feel better that you’ve taken the extra steps to safeguard your babies! One thing I didn’t know when I did my first qt was to get your fish eating in the qt before medicating.

OP
OP
reefnewb70

reefnewb70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I have to worry about the pistol shrimp? There won’t be any sand for him to take him with since they are paired.

Last edited:

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inverts don’t require to be taken out. Copper kills em. All my inverts stayed in DT during fallow.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I have to worry about the pistol shrimp? There won’t be any sand for him to take him with since they are paired.
So sorry, I have absolutely no idea what happens if you separate the paired pistol n goby. I’d imagine they’d be ok. Hopefully someone who knows what they’re talking about chimes in.

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Canada as well. I've used Ebay for my meds, never had an issue. Have taken a few weeks, but worth to keep in stock.

Rob

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.1%
Back