Clown stopped eating

SaucyJuicySteak

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2020
Messages
25
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two snowflake clowns, the smaller of the two stopped eating about a week ago, he just frantically swims around during feeding time and doesn’t actually eat, I’ve tried pellets, mysis, and sheets of sea weed. I think the problem is that they are maturing, and battling for dominance, as I have seen the smaller one go to eat and the bigger one bites it’s fins, I see no physical damage to either. Is this something I should wait out or what else can I do.
 
You can try using additives to entice the fish. Soaking the food in sw and garlic, selcon, or something similar may help. If not, look into possible symptoms of internal parasites, but don't jump to conclusions.
 
I have two snowflake clowns, the smaller of the two stopped eating about a week ago, he just frantically swims around during feeding time and doesn’t actually eat, I’ve tried pellets, mysis, and sheets of sea weed. I think the problem is that they are maturing, and battling for dominance, as I have seen the smaller one go to eat and the bigger one bites it’s fins, I see no physical damage to either. Is this something I should wait out or what else can I do.
Try flakes mine had the same issue
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new