Clown Trigger In A Mixed Reef ?

BMMMW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown doesn’t touch a thing in my heavily coral/fish stocked mixed reef.

68594D7B-87B1-4A51-BD6B-7D39980A0C75.jpeg
18CE3652-5580-4E9B-8295-10A147C1A974.jpeg
17814E10-9A1A-41A1-BEE4-59182BC6F3CA.jpeg
May I ask how old this tank is? Wow!

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol,...have to laugh at your stories.

Years ago my Niece made a ''May Basket'' with her classmates in school. She would stop by after school to feed our fish, buy mainly Bubba Joe, our Clown. She asked me if it were ok to put food in her basket and see if he would eat it, I said where did you come up with that ? lol....She replied, in a dream.

She put some clam in the basket and it sunk to the bottom of the tank. After about 10 minutes and several swim by's, he took the bait. After that day, when his was hungry he'd pick up the basket and swim the length of the tank, back and forth, so we'd feed him. Such a funny guy. The tank was a 200 gallon.

Yep, now because of you guys, we gotta get one again ! (your fault if he eats all the corals and other fish)
That’s a great story, if you get one just don’t get a really big one cuz you might have issues if he doesn’t like your fish and is big. Mine was about 2.5 to 3 inches, perfect size as coloration and patterns were complete and I knew at that size I had a good chance he would fit right in. All I know at this point for sure is no matter what the future holds with his attitude, if in the years ahead he starts getting crazy like eating corals or fish I will just get another tank for him.

408Dartfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set this one up a little over 3 years ago, all corals grew from small frags. I can honestly say it’s been my most successful tank in the 30+ years I’ve had aquariums.
It really looks great, one of best on here. Dustin

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always loved triggers(have a story about being a little kid in an lfs and asking about the Niger trigger... Let's just say I mispronounced niger).

Anyway, I've never had a tank large enough for one but if I did I'd probably just stick to Xanthichthys for a reef. Beautiful triggers and little worry.

OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a great story, if you get one just don’t get a really big one cuz you might have issues if he doesn’t like your fish and is big. Mine was about 2.5 to 3 inches, perfect size as coloration and patterns were complete and I knew at that size I had a good chance he would fit right in. All I know at this point for sure is no matter what the future holds with his attitude, if in the years ahead he starts getting crazy like eating corals or fish I will just get another tank for him.

We like adopting small kids, not only to see them grow up, but they don't have quite,......the bad attitude
It will hard, mot to get him before adding others. He'll be the last fish to join our home unless, he's only a 2''-3'' like with Bubba Joe.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back