Clownfish absolutely hates garlic

Chortanator

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
564
Reaction score
432
Location
Nova Scotia
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a black storm clownfish who eats like a pig, loves pellets, spirulina brine, and mysis. I have some pj cardinals who are still getting used to eating frozen, so I added a drop of garlic guard to the food soak this morning (vitachem + spirulina brine + 1 drop garlic guard thawing in phytoplankton). He swims enthusiastically towards the shrimp, and spits out every piece. I was worried he was feeling unwell so I put some pellets in and he just ate them all up.

I thought fish were supposed to go crazy for garlic? The cardinals certainly did. Are there just some clowns that don't like garlic?
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new