Clownfish acting weird.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1386289492.420984.jpg

Hi everyone. This is one of my clownfish who is tucked into a cubby of rock just hanging out. He doesn't look sick but is staying in one place. I don't see any eggs, but is this some sort of mating thing? The female clown is out and about. Both are eating fine. Is this normal?

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May he is tired from making babies.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the clown for?

It is common for clown fish to find a spot that they feel comfortable and hang out in that area. Clowns aren't open swimmers since they swim very poorly. I would not worry as long as the clown eats normally.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It is common for clown fish to find a spot that they feel comfortable and hang out in that area. Clowns aren't open swimmers since they swim very poorly. I would not worry as long as the clown eats normally.

I've had this pair for at least six months. I've moved the power head around a little for my corals so maybe he's protesting. Or maybe he's just hanging out in the clownfish lounge.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe he needs i cigarette? lol I have a gold banded maroon clownfish thats 12 years old and now he has decided that he wants to move the substrate around and spit it out all over some of my frags. I may have to put him in timeout.

Intricateart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a nem? I've heard of clowns hosting everything from rock to coral to fake plants. Maybe he's trying to convince the wife its as good a spot as they're gonna get LOL

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys crack me up! No nem, it's a nano. I think he may be hosting those zoas! Lol

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe he needs i cigarette? lol I have a gold banded maroon clownfish thats 12 years old and now he has decided that he wants to move the substrate around and spit it out all over some of my frags. I may have to put him in timeout.

Maybe a vodka dose would do.

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well being that this is a clownfish acting weird thread (Ik its old but Ima revive it) I have a sitch with my clowns

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically while the lights are on my clowns swim together happily and all but as soon as the lights go off the female starts attacking the male and locks jaws a bit but then the male does a submissive dance and it's all good for the next min and then they're back at it again what do I do

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe u know or heard something abt this

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 42.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 103 49.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back