Clownfish aggression question HELP

smhray

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new Wyoming white clownfish because it was on sale. It was a huge risk because my one clown that has been alone for a few months is about the same size which is around an inch mouth to tail. It’s been two days since I’ve introduced the two and they still haven’t done any submissive dance or got along together. They stay at opposite sides of the tank and the new clownfish also hasn’t started eating. Sometimes they face of quickly for a second or two. Please any input would be greatly appreciated.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not abnormal. They bond or don’t
Give it time as it can change
At least they’re not fighting. The non-eating may be due to intimidation

Jesse O.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new Wyoming white clownfish because it was on sale. It was a huge risk because my one clown that has been alone for a few months is about the same size which is around an inch mouth to tail. It’s been two days since I’ve introduced the two and they still haven’t done any submissive dance or got along together. They stay at opposite sides of the tank and the new clownfish also hasn’t started eating. Sometimes they face of quickly for a second or two. Please any input would be greatly appreciated.
They need time to figure out the hierarchy between the two. They will most likely bond just be patient. Keep feeding as normal and if the aggression gets bad try feeding a little more and turning their lights off for a while.

MarsWulf5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting more than one type of clown is trouble. I tried that. My Wyoming white was super agressive. I no longer have him. My three blk and white clowns pick on my single Tomato clown... Bite his tail. I though getting them as babies and quarantining together that it would work. Nope. Didnt work. There are rules that people follow... And they follow them for good reason. I learned the hard way too. Its OK. I would never expect them to get along. Its just not their nature. They are fish - and fish are jerks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back