Clownfish aggression

jacqueline1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had two pairs of clownfish in the same 120 gallon tank for over a year now. When I came home from school this weekend, I noticed that one of the pairs fins were ripped up. The smallest one in particular was a lot more ripped up. I know it was definitely the other two clownfish since I've seen them chase the other two a little bit since I noticed their fins. Not sure if I should take them both back to the fish store or see if there's another way to fix the aggression, especially since there have been no issues till now.

Any ideas or suggestions?

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats clowns for you. I'd separate them asap. Usually 2 pairs of clowns doesnt work in all but very large tanks 6'+. I tried in a standard 125g years ago that did not work. It was also hard to add anything to the tanks once the clowns had decided it was theirs. So wasn't just species aggression.

Clowns are evil, both the fish and the so called human version.

OP
OP
jacqueline1989

jacqueline1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats clowns for you. I'd separate them asap. Usually 2 pairs of clowns doesnt work in all but very large tanks 6'+. I tried in a standard 125g years ago that did not work. It was also hard to add anything to the tanks once the clowns had decided it was theirs. So wasn't just species aggression.

Clowns are evil, both the fish and the so called human version.
Yeah my tank is 6ft long and they both had their side of the tank so I thought it would work and that's the only reason why I tried it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back