Clownfish aggression

Habibi Brizzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
Two days ago I bought a black ice clown fish. At the fs the black ice was already paired up. The mistake I made was introducing him to my pair one male ocellaris and one female storm. I noticed there was immediate aggression in the tank. They bullied the black ice so bad at one point I thought it was dead. His body was just laying on my circulation pump :/. So I split my old pair. To leave the new in with the female storm. So far it's been about two day's and there is some aggression. I'm wondering if my new clown fish is already female. I called the fs that I bought it from and they said it was barely transitioning to be a female, it could possibly be. So I don't know if I have two females on my hands. The female storm is very territorial over her nem. If the black ice gets close the female becomes more aggressive and it kicks it back to the other side of the tank. I don't notice the black ice put a fight. What should I do?

Last edited:

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
Two days ago I bought a black ice clown fish. At the fs the black ice was already paired up. The mistake I made was introducing him to my pair one male ocellaris and one female storm. I noticed there was immediate aggression in the tank. They bullied the black ice so bad at one point I thought it was dead. His body was just laying on my circulation pump :/. So I split my old pair. To leave the new in with the female storm. So far it's been about two day's and there is some aggression. I'm wondering if my new clown fish is already female. I called the fs that I bought it from and they said it was barely transitioning to be a female, it could possibly be. So I don't know if I have two females on my hands. The female storm is very territorial over her nem. If the black ice gets close the female becomes more aggressive and it kicks it back to the other side of the tank. I don't notice the black ice put a fight. What should I do ?
I mean, that's also very typical of a female dominating a male to be honest.

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back