Clownfish Agression

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jono562
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jono562

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Messages
39
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've these two ocellaris clowns for about 4 months. They were purchased together as a pair. Haven't had any issues with them up until a few days ago. Yesterday I noticed "Rollie" the smaller of the pair hiding in the rocks and caves. Not unusual for him to be exploring but he is definitely hiding from "Bingo" my larger clown who is chasing him aggressively around the tank and visibly biting him. I also have a Cardinal fish and Firefish which Bingo doesnt bother. Any advice would be great. Thanks!
 
Although this can be stressful to watch, this sounds like normal clownfish behavior and is part of how they are wired as part of establishing dominance. I encourage you to watch for body injuries, but IME I am patience with aggression and even some fin damage.
 
Thanks. Yeah it definitely is hard to watch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new