Clownfish and algae

BigTomo003

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2020
Messages
411
Reaction score
181
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, so I've seen my clowns grazing on green and purple algae, quite often, the frame eats small chunks of it at times often on the glass or rocks. Is this normal? I know they are omnivores but never heard or seen them eat algae before this. They get fed regularly and are nice and plump. It always seems to be the same spots over and over again. Should I be concerned?
 
Do you have a pair? If so how large is the female? If she or they are nibbling one area she could be getting ready to lay eggs. They will clean a spot for a month or so to prep for the eggs to attach to the area. Just an idea.
 
Do you have a pair? If so how large is the female? If she or they are nibbling one area she could be getting ready to lay eggs. They will clean a spot for a month or so to prep for the eggs to attach to the area. Just an idea.
Yeah I have a pair, the male is about 2 inches and the female is around 3 and a half. I'm not sure if they are mature enough to breed yet? I got them as they where about an inch and a half just over a year ago, they have been paired for around a year though
 
Yeah I have a pair, the male is about 2 inches and the female is around 3 and a half. I'm not sure if they are mature enough to breed yet? I got them as they where about an inch and a half just over a year ago, they have been paired for around a year though
Seems very possible! I have had similar clowns start laying age at that size and age. If you feed them well and they are happy no reason it couldn’t be them getting ready to breed.
 
Seems very possible! I have had similar clowns start laying age at that size and age. If you feed them well and they are happy no reason it couldn’t be them getting ready to breed.
Cool! I've heard it's really hard to raise the fry but I'll be willing to attempt if they do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new