Clownfish breeding behaviors

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal for clownfish to lay eggs in 2-3 spots and lay them like every 5 days? I'm not capturing the eggs so they become free food for corals and fish. The only 2 clowns in my tank have been laying eggs like every 5 days in 2-3 spots. I say 2-3 because they have 2 they like but sometimes a third spot has eggs. I have thought about capturing the eggs and trying to raise them but seems like a lot of work for a month or more till they are a decent size. So for now I left them alone. I don't do water changes but like a 5-10 gallon change if I sell a large colony of corals and have to place them in a big bucket. Feeding is reef frenzy small piece once every 3 days, algae in tank all the time for tangs.

OP
OP
Eckolancer

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also wondering what the clowns would look like of mom is dark orange percula and dad is black Ocellaris. Wondering what the babies could turn out to be.

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A cross between an orange ocellaris and a black ocellaris results in a mocha clown. I don't know what kind of difference there is when it's a percula crossed with a black ocellaris, but probably very similar.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back