Clownfish breeding behaviour?

  • Thread starter Thread starter laezur
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

laezur

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2022
Messages
927
Reaction score
595
Location
Manchester
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just spotted my clowns doing something that they don't usually do, and I thought it might be breeding behaviour. Desperately trying to get a video, but they've stopped for now.

The male seemed to be picking at some rockwork, and then he started to do his little shakes, and she responded with her own little shakes, and they kept doing this for a few seconds, and I thought "are they chosing a rock?"

I know they arent submission shakes, beause we are long past that stage, and he only does them when she nips during feeding time to tell him its her turn. This was just out of the blue, after the male was messing around with a rock.

Anything I should be on the look out for?
 
Still observing this, and it always seem to be around the same little rock formation. Any ideas?
 
Yes those are signs. When the female actually lays eggs they either go side by side and wiggle together or the female goes first and the male right after. Mine lay eggs both ways. I don’t try and raise them though so don’t know if one way is more productive then the other. If you want them to spawn you may have to increase feeding a little or turn you heater up just a little.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new