Clownfish broken pectoral fin?

i_declare_bankruptcy

out of control
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2018
Messages
744
Reaction score
1,076
Location
SoCal
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My big Clarkii has been swimming erratically today. Seemed to happen overnight because I didn't see anything wrong the previous day, and I check each fish daily. Other fish are acting as usual in the tank.

It seems like her pectoral fin is stuck forwards, but occasionally she will swim normally as well. Like right now, I'm watching her swim normally, but she does seem a little slower than usual.

She's eating like normal.

The video below shows the 'stuck' fin, which occasionally goes back to normal.

Perhaps there's something bugging her or is a thing they just do? Or do I need to take immediate action?

 
It’s probably due to aggression.

Provided there’s no more aggression it should heal over time. Ideally though you should isolate in an acclimation box or even a separate tank until you realize what’s going on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new