OP
kinetic

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so cool to see this thread come back to life. I ended up giving away all my fish and sticking with just a pair in the magnifica. It's so much less stressful, and all the other clowns when to good homes.

I have a new 126G tank coming soon, but I'm just going to stick with the same pair and magnifica. I'm still pretty inspired by some of the successes here, but it was so violent that I'm not sure I'd like to go down that route again haha.

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@firehawk922

Thanks. I stopped making videos and sold all my camera gear when my dog died last year, but the tank is fine.

The trio is still living together and the smallest one is still as small as he was the day he arrived.

Once or twice every year he is expelled from the anemone but he hangs nearby and after a day or 2 he's accepted back.

When the banggais were nearing maturity, the parents were out to get them all and it was hell for several months.

Fortunately I was home most of the time and I ran to the tank whenever I heard the clicking they make when they fight. If I wasn't intervening constantly, the parents would have killed them all.

It all stopped when the first pair of kids paired up and claimed a territory.

A group of banggais is far more difficult than a group of clowns in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you're able to spend a few months literally sitting in front of the tank during the most turbulent period.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 57 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back