Clownfish Circus (harem) Club!

  • Thread starter Thread starter kinetic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
It's so cool to see this thread come back to life. I ended up giving away all my fish and sticking with just a pair in the magnifica. It's so much less stressful, and all the other clowns when to good homes.

I have a new 126G tank coming soon, but I'm just going to stick with the same pair and magnifica. I'm still pretty inspired by some of the successes here, but it was so violent that I'm not sure I'd like to go down that route again haha.
 
@firehawk922

Thanks. I stopped making videos and sold all my camera gear when my dog died last year, but the tank is fine.

The trio is still living together and the smallest one is still as small as he was the day he arrived.

Once or twice every year he is expelled from the anemone but he hangs nearby and after a day or 2 he's accepted back.

When the banggais were nearing maturity, the parents were out to get them all and it was hell for several months.

Fortunately I was home most of the time and I ran to the tank whenever I heard the clicking they make when they fight. If I wasn't intervening constantly, the parents would have killed them all.

It all stopped when the first pair of kids paired up and claimed a territory.

A group of banggais is far more difficult than a group of clowns in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you're able to spend a few months literally sitting in front of the tank during the most turbulent period.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new