Clownfish & Court Jester Goby Thruple?

DiabloJP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo... I have a mated pair of Clowns and they're, uh, *very fond* of a Court Jester Goby, who definitely returns their affection. They're all still juveniles, but the CJG came from Biota just older than a fry and the Clowns were already a couple of months old. They've all been chillin' together since the CJG first arrived.

There's a lot of inter-species fin rubbing and cuddling happening here and the three of them spend all day together. The Clowns also let the CJG hang-out in their nest.

Is this a thing? They're the only 3 fish in the tank for the moment so maybe it's a relationship of convenience. :face-blowing-a-kiss:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give the clowns and anemone and we will see if they were just trying to lure the gobe in for a meal?

OP
OP
DiabloJP

DiabloJP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're still hanging out. :)

Both clowns are super gentle with the goby they all stick close together throughout the day. The female clown is particularly interactive with the goby and the two of them are always nuzzling each other. Strange but awesome. :)

Hava Deaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're still hanging out. :)

Both clowns are super gentle with the goby they all stick close together throughout the day. The female clown is particularly interactive with the goby and the two of them are always nuzzling each other. Strange but awesome. :)
I also just got a black and with clown, he's maybe 6 - 8 months I guess. He is not fully black yet. It's been 3 weeks I got him. He and my Jester goby are very good friends. The goby don't mind the be rubbed by the clown. The goby is also young, around same age.
I also have a firefish and biocolor blenny. They all get along.

Hava Deaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also just got a black and with clown, he's maybe 6 - 8 months I guess. He is not fully black yet. It's been 3 weeks I got him. He and my Jester goby are very good friends. The goby don't mind the be rubbed by the clown. The goby is also young, around same age.
I meant to type black and white clown

OP
OP
DiabloJP

DiabloJP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So interesting!

My female clownfish was particularly protective of the goby when he was tiny and as he grew that relationship didn't really change... the goby is bigger than the clowns now but they still spend a lot of time together and the female clown in particular is still very affectionate.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back