Clownfish & Court Jester Goby Thruple?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DiabloJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DiabloJP

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2023
Messages
64
Reaction score
106
Location
Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo... I have a mated pair of Clowns and they're, uh, *very fond* of a Court Jester Goby, who definitely returns their affection. They're all still juveniles, but the CJG came from Biota just older than a fry and the Clowns were already a couple of months old. They've all been chillin' together since the CJG first arrived.

There's a lot of inter-species fin rubbing and cuddling happening here and the three of them spend all day together. The Clowns also let the CJG hang-out in their nest.

Is this a thing? They're the only 3 fish in the tank for the moment so maybe it's a relationship of convenience. :face-blowing-a-kiss:
 
Give the clowns and anemone and we will see if they were just trying to lure the gobe in for a meal?
 
They're still hanging out. :)

Both clowns are super gentle with the goby they all stick close together throughout the day. The female clown is particularly interactive with the goby and the two of them are always nuzzling each other. Strange but awesome. :)
 
They're still hanging out. :)

Both clowns are super gentle with the goby they all stick close together throughout the day. The female clown is particularly interactive with the goby and the two of them are always nuzzling each other. Strange but awesome. :)
I also just got a black and with clown, he's maybe 6 - 8 months I guess. He is not fully black yet. It's been 3 weeks I got him. He and my Jester goby are very good friends. The goby don't mind the be rubbed by the clown. The goby is also young, around same age.
I also have a firefish and biocolor blenny. They all get along.
 
I also just got a black and with clown, he's maybe 6 - 8 months I guess. He is not fully black yet. It's been 3 weeks I got him. He and my Jester goby are very good friends. The goby don't mind the be rubbed by the clown. The goby is also young, around same age.
I also have a firefish and biocolor blenny. They all get along.
I meant to type black and white clown
 
I also just got a black and with clown, he's maybe 6 - 8 months I guess. He is not fully black yet. It's been 3 weeks I got him. He and my Jester goby are very good friends. The goby don't mind the be rubbed by the clown. The goby is also young, around same age.
I also have a firefish and biocolor blenny. They all get along.
So interesting!

My female clownfish was particularly protective of the goby when he was tiny and as he grew that relationship didn't really change... the goby is bigger than the clowns now but they still spend a lot of time together and the female clown in particular is still very affectionate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new