OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always though variety is the key to feeding all fish. I feed my fish a little of everything, at least I thought I did until I read this article. Tuna out of a can is new to me and also black worms. I have a small 40 gal reef so i have to really watch how much i feed. So i make my own frozen cubes. Each cube is made of 4 different foods, from mysis shrimp, red worms, omnivore delight, brine shrimp, silverside. I also feed pellets when I just want to mix it up. Each cube of food is 1ml. And I know I'm not feeding enough at any one time. The reason I do so, is so the fish on my reef do there jobs and forage. Every fish has a role and I learned if I over feed they refuge to play that role, not only that in a small system as a 40gal overfeeding can lead to several problems really fast.
Do you buy the food frozen and then thaw it out to make your cubes?

van7271

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns will eat just about anything. When I scrape the glass in my tank my clowns follow along the scrapper eating the algae that is scrapped off.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed such a variety I will just list some of the items: flakes of mysis, brine, veggie, pellets of pristine, pellets of hikari, squid, clam in half shell, brine, mysis, krill, mussels, mixture of other frozen foods for mixed animals, etc. Oh, Nori too.

The clowns love it all, even the nori. They also like fingers if I leave them in too long. Then again, my triggers and puffer like to nibble my fingers too.

Cae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen mysis
Frozen brine
Fluval flakes once a week cause it's got greens in it for their digestion
Vitalis marine pellets. I like these because they are a soft sinking pellet and the fish aren't gulping air while trying to eat.

kimwstockton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We feed our clowns Reeds TDO from the time they are a week old. The TDO brings out the reds and blacks.

TDO clowns.jpg

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to bring this thread back to life and see if anyone has tried any new foods? I've been feeding mine prime reef flakes and mysis but maybe I should be supplementing? Let me know!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back