clownfish disease or??????

Ralph823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all,

I have a 150 with one clown, a blue tang, a fire fish, royal gramma, an LT anemone, corals and some other inverts. I say one clown because I had a pair of 5 year old, that died. So I purchased two new ocellaris had them in QT for 4 weeks and put them into the DT. I know there is ich in my tank and I manage it with gut loaded live food twice a week and selcon soaked frozen food daily just to keep the fish immune system healthy. before anything goes into my tank it is QTd for a minimum of 4 weeks and gets a weekly freshwater bath and one right before the tank transfer. the clowns seemed fine but three days in the DT the bigger of the two showed three white spots resembling ich, I took her out gave her a fw bath and back into the QT tank last night her spots were gone but her skin looked similar to what you would see with brooks but only in blue light with whites on she looked normal she was acting lethargic and refusing food ( she ate this morning and her skin was all cleared up ) so im stumped is this just ich? is it brooks? or something else. I Have had ich in my fish tank for the past 4 years. it came with the gramma after my sister surprised me with it on my birthday and she didn't put it in the QT tank.

sorry I know I went off on a tangent so these are my questions.

- I will post pics when i get home from work but what does this sound like?
- it is near impossible to remove all fish from the 150 and qt them in a 20 gallon so how can I treat the tank with inverts in it if it is more than just ich?
- is it normal with brooks to show symptoms at night and not during the day?
- I cant get formalin where i am so is there any other meds I can try in the event that it is brooks? im currently using copper and FW bath.
- what other invert safe immune system boosters do you recommend
- I couldn't catch the smaller clown but he is eating and acting normal could he not be infected with whatever this is?

if it is brooks i have way more invested in corals than I do in fish and as horrible as it sounds i would rather lose all my fish and go fishless for 6 weeks than lose a single coral or my nem but i want to do everything in my power to avoid any losses all together, I read that brooks kills in between 12 - 24 hours and so far no casualties so I hope im just a fish hypochondriac

OP
OP
Ralph823

Ralph823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mucus seems to be gone but I still think I see some white dots though
0263E6F8-E975-4A37-B19F-A6270F81CE35.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back