Clownfish fighting/pairing

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefPuppy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefPuppy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
dallas tx
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I was wondering if I could get your opinion on something. As we are aware, clownfish can exhibit aggressive behavior towards each other during the pairing process, especially the female. Despite being together since April, my two clownfish are still trying to pair off, with the dominant female displaying aggressive behavior towards the male by swimming quickly towards him and causing him to shake.

Today I witnessed the male displaying a high level of aggression towards the female for the first time. Typically, it is the male who receives abuse from the female, but now the roles have reversed. The female seems scared and is breathing heavily. I am considering separating them temporarily or possibly trading one of them. It has been almost four months and they are still attempting to pair. Additionally, I recently changed the color of their light to more white.

I'm afraid that one of them will die from the abuse and stress. Is there any chance they will pair up, or are they just fighting now?
 
Hello everyone, I was wondering if I could get your opinion on something. As we are aware, clownfish can exhibit aggressive behavior towards each other during the pairing process, especially the female. Despite being together since April, my two clownfish are still trying to pair off, with the dominant female displaying aggressive behavior towards the male by swimming quickly towards him and causing him to shake.

Today I witnessed the male displaying a high level of aggression towards the female for the first time. Typically, it is the male who receives abuse from the female, but now the roles have reversed. The female seems scared and is breathing heavily. I am considering separating them temporarily or possibly trading one of them. It has been almost four months and they are still attempting to pair. Additionally, I recently changed the color of their light to more white.

I'm afraid that one of them will die from the abuse and stress. Is there any chance they will pair up, or are they just fighting now?
Have you added anything else to the tank - that could have added a disease that might cause heavy breathing? They normally work these things out themselves. It could be that the female is sick from some other issue - and now the male feels dominant. If there are repeated attacks - I think it might make sense to separate
 
Have you added anything else to the tank - that could have added a disease that might cause heavy breathing? They normally work these things out themselves. It could be that the female is sick from some other issue - and now the male feels dominant. If there are repeated attacks - I think it might make sense to separate
A few days ago, I introduced a rainbow BTA to my tank. Since then, the female has dominated the male. Today, the male is displaying aggression for the first time, and while things have calmed down a bit, the female is now shaking, which is unusual as it's usually the male who exhibits this behavior first.
 
A few days ago, I introduced a rainbow BTA to my tank. Since then, the female has dominated the male. Today, the male is displaying aggression for the first time, and while things have calmed down a bit, the female is now shaking, which is unusual as it's usually the male who exhibits this behavior first.
What ended up being the outcome of this? my clowns are going through a similar situation.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new