Clownfish fin torn by Midas Benny?

mcraeklaura

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank:
- 40 Gallon Aquatop cube with added wavemaker

Livestock:
- 1x Midas Blenny (Noodle)
- 1x Clownfish pair
- 1x Sailfin/Algae Blenny (Salarias fasciatus) idk the common name
- various soft corals, mostly frags
- CUC

Problem:
Recently my old female clown died from some parasite I believe (after conversing with my local fish store). My other clownfish started to become very lethargic, so I got him a female to go with him. A week after acclimating them together (they were doing really well since the moment I introduced them) the clownfish started to become lethargic again. There were some fish I was waiting to pick up at the store, and was told that the clown just needs to fight it off. I decided that I had the clown for so long, it was okay to switch things up while he wasn't 100% because he always has been strong. I introduced the two blennys and everything seemed to be going fine. The female clownfish kept getting really close to where Noodle was perched on the rock, but they were not nipping at eachother so I thought it was more of an investigation. Today I noticed a cut on the tail fin of the female clown. Its a pretty big chunk. Later that night, I found a cut on her right fin. She has been swimming back and forth accross the front of the tank really fast, leaving the other clownfish (who is still lethargic and pooping stringy chunky poop) alone. Now, Noodle is all up in the clownfishs' space and swims around their corner near my frag rack. I saw Noodle nip at the female clown once.

As a side note: I lost a fish somewhere in my tank. it was a tiger watchman goby. No idea where it went I haven't seen it for two weeks.
 
Clowns fight - it’s their nature and female generally the aggressor
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new