Clownfish harem question

Teke Left

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve decided to start a clownfish harem tank I have gotten a few anemones settled in but I haven’t truly sat in on what type of clown. But more than likely some variant of ocellaris or percula. But the main question I suppose is what is a good number for a standard 75 gallon. I was thinking somewhere between 14 & 20 .. also the last time I was purchasing a few nems the lady at my lfs store said that my hippo tang would likely not get along with the harem ... The tang & a engineer goby would be the only other fish ..
so what’s your thoughts?

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My store had a harem with an engineer goby and it did fine. In smaller tanks clowns and tangs would fight. However in a 75 i think there is enough space for both a tang and a harem of clowns. I think the problem will be the tang swimming over to their spot of the tank. But i have seen clown harems in witnh tangs before without any problems

OP
OP
Teke Left

Teke Left

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My store had a harem with an engineer goby and it did fine. In smaller tanks clowns and tangs would fight. However in a 75 i think there is enough space for both a tang and a harem of clowns. I think the problem will be the tang swimming over to their spot of the tank. But i have seen clown harems in witnh tangs before without any problems

That’s what I thought really, but honestly the thought never crossed my mind until it was mentioned to me, just thought I’d get more advice

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've seen a few of these. I wonder how tricky it would be to pull off...

PBandJellyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all been away from the forums for a-while and I am dying for some information. I am again seeking a source for about 24 same species juvenile clownfish. Can someone point me to where is best to ask this question?

Clown Fish Harem Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all been away from the forums for a-while and I am dying for some information. I am again seeking a source for about 24 same species juvenile clownfish. Can someone point me to where is best to ask this question?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back