Clownfish has Brooklynella

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got some new corals and now it apears my clownfish have gotten brooklynella. What do I need to do? It will take at least an week to get any medications.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your troubles! You will need to remove all fish from the display aquarium and place them in designated QT. You'll need to run your display system fallow for 6 weeks.

Read the thread below on treatment and medications.

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your troubles! You will need to remove all fish from the display aquarium and place them in designated QT. You'll need to run your display system fallow for 6 weeks.

Read the thread below on treatment and medications.

Is it a possibility that the corals coould be stinging the clowns and causing what looks like brook?

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting a picture would be helpful to diagnose.
You cans see the whitish on the back black bar.
20200930005331_IMG_0624.jpg

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to see much in the photo you posted. Have the symptoms worsened? Brook kills quickly. Is the fish still eating?

In regards to medication, metro is effective against brook, treat for 14 days. You can use seachem metro or API General Cure.

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to see much in the photo you posted. Have the symptoms worsened? Brook kills quickly. Is the fish still eating?

In regards to medication, metro is effective against brook, treat for 14 days. You can use seachem metro or API General Cure.
I first noticed it on sunday the day after I got my corals so this is the fith day since I noticed it. The fish still eats like a pig and is active.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I first noticed it on sunday the day after I got my corals so this is the fith day since I noticed it. The fish still eats like a pig and is active.
I would expect Brooklynella to kill a clown after 4 days from onset of symptoms. Does it keep its fins erect? Sometimes mucus is just a reaction by the fish to some non-deadly thing, like stings, bites, etc.
It would still be a good idea to have some meds and a QT at the ready, even if you dodged a bullet here, there is always next time!
Jay

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would expect Brooklynella to kill a clown after 4 days from onset of symptoms. Does it keep its fins erect? Sometimes mucus is just a reaction by the fish to some non-deadly thing, like stings, bites, etc.
It would still be a good idea to have some meds and a QT at the ready, even if you dodged a bullet here, there is always next time!
Jay
Yeah its fins are still erect and it still goes crazy when it sees me grab the food container.

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys im so confused the part that had the white patch it is now "healed" and now there is a white line going down her lateral line. She seems to be more active and is still eating like a pig.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could have just been injury. If he is eating and there is no other signs currently, just keep an eye on it and keep Meds on hand in case it turns into something.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back