Clownfish Help

Chriskim858

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2020
Messages
206
Reaction score
77
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
My clownfish has been acting weird and just laying in the sand, barely moving. I gave it food but it ate from the bottom when it usually comes up to eat. I see bruising on his side but I’m not sure if that’s from the other clownfish hitting him which I’ve seen recently. Thoughts?
Salinity - 1.23
Nitrates - 0
Ammonia - 0
Temp - 78

Any help is greatly appreciated

I just did a water change of 20%
it is a nano tank 10 gallon and they are 3 months old. I feed them Bryne shrimp

C40D9F7B-EE81-4A9A-BCA0-AAB9F47C3A87.jpeg C1376B0B-3F93-40D5-8492-2B7D1E25609E.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0377.MOV
    18.1 MB
They look in the pic about the same size......
Could they both be females?
Is one actually making mouth contact with the other and constantly chasing, or just short durations, followed by peace?

By weird do you mean, not eating, lethargic, quiet, heavy breathing, scratching.....any of these things
Whenever one beats up on another, I have seen a high rate of ick being diagnosed. Watch for any signs of white dots and if seen, remove him, and the other fish, to QT for treatment.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new