Clownfish Hosting Questions

Obioe

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to set up a 10g Nuvo Nano-Reef throughout this year, and I was thinking about doing a single ORA clownfish!

I am wondering if there are any types of anemone or coral that would be appropriate at any point for a 10g so the clownfish can host?

I'm mostly concerned about getting any coral that would end up being smothered and would die off.

I'm aware anemone can be difficult and probably isn't appropriate for beginners but-- I'd like to know if sizing or anything else is an issue as well.

Thanks, friends!
 
Last edited:
I'd love to set up a 10g Nuvo Nano-Reef throughout this year, and I was thinking about doing a single ORA clownfish!

I am wondering if there are any types of anemone or coral that would be appropriate at any point for a 10g so the clownfish can host?

I'm mostly concerned about getting any coral that would end up being smothered and would die off.

I'm aware anemone can be difficult and probably isn't appropriate for beginners but-- I'd like to know if sizing or anything else is an issue as well.

Thanks, friends!
Main concern for keeping the anemone in that small of tank, is it moving around and killing other corals
 
My main concern is that clownfish dont host anemones lol:). JK.... The main concern is that a tank that small - as the other poster said - the anemone can move. More important - anemone's tend (that host clowns) tend to be bigger than what would be good for a 10 gallon tank. @Amoo the anemone expert can weigh in perhaps as to the best type. Second different anemones host different clowns. So - make sure if you're going to do it - that you match the types.
 
My main concern is that clownfish dont host anemones lol:). JK.... The main concern is that a tank that small - as the other poster said - the anemone can move. More important - anemone's tend (that host clowns) tend to be bigger than what would be good for a 10 gallon tank. @Amoo the anemone expert can weigh in perhaps as to the best type. Second different anemones host different clowns. So - make sure if you're going to do it - that you match the types.

I really appreciate these answers! I was afraid I had a dumb question lol, but this makes a lot of sense.
Thank you, friends! I'm glad I asked.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new