Clownfish ich?

MaxLR

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
33
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear reefers,

Yesterday i was looking at 1 of my clowns and i sawe somenthing odd, there are really small white dots on his side. I cant rembember that he had the white spots from te beginning. i've been looking at his behavior but he acts normal and eats well. I dont know if it are white normal spots or that it may be ich. You can only see it when you come real close. The water parameters are all fine. I hope some one can give me advise on what to do.
DSC09704.JPG
DSC09702.JPG
DSC09707.JPG
 
Last edited:
It could just be some particles from the water that got stuck on him. I don't think its anything. I wouldn't worry unless he starts scratching against a rock or gets smothered.
 
Yup, do nothing until such a time as the behavior of the fish changes, like rapid breathing, won’t eat, glassy eyes, rubbing or scratching.
 
unfortunately today i saw my clownfish scratching against the glass and filter. I'm preparing a hospital tank now for both my clownfish. I hope the infected clown will survive it.
 
unfortunately today i saw my clownfish scratching against the glass and filter. I'm preparing a hospital tank now for both my clownfish. I hope the infected clown will survive it.


Might be handy to get a biobrick and bacteria or similar for the qt tank if you wanna try and move the other fish over eventually.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new