Clownfish ich?

BRS

MaxLR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Dear reefers,

Yesterday i was looking at 1 of my clowns and i sawe somenthing odd, there are really small white dots on his side. I cant rembember that he had the white spots from te beginning. i've been looking at his behavior but he acts normal and eats well. I dont know if it are white normal spots or that it may be ich. You can only see it when you come real close. The water parameters are all fine. I hope some one can give me advise on what to do.
DSC09704.JPG
DSC09702.JPG
DSC09707.JPG

Last edited:

Spare time

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It could just be some particles from the water that got stuck on him. I don't think its anything. I wouldn't worry unless he starts scratching against a rock or gets smothered.

Uncle99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yup, do nothing until such a time as the behavior of the fish changes, like rapid breathing, won’t eat, glassy eyes, rubbing or scratching.

OP
M

MaxLR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
unfortunately today i saw my clownfish scratching against the glass and filter. I'm preparing a hospital tank now for both my clownfish. I hope the infected clown will survive it.

Spare time

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
unfortunately today i saw my clownfish scratching against the glass and filter. I'm preparing a hospital tank now for both my clownfish. I hope the infected clown will survive it.

Might be handy to get a biobrick and bacteria or similar for the qt tank if you wanna try and move the other fish over eventually.

AS
BRS

What types of R2R interview articles are you most excited about?

• Specific reef topics! (List the ones you'd like to see us cover in the thread.)

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • Specific reef personalities! (List the people you'd like us to interview in the thread.)

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Not that concerned about the topics...I just wanna see the awesome PICTURES!

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • All of the above!! ...and yes, I'll list some in the thread. :-)

Votes: 51 37.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
TCK Corals